Friday, January 3, 2014

What to Expect in 2014

There has been quite a lot of looking back at 2013 around here lately. I listed the Top Books of the year and posted a review of the year as a whole. Today, though, it's time to start looking forward!

I want to give you a little hint of my goals for Read.Write.Repeat. for 2014 and what you can expect as a reader. Let's keep it simple this morning with just a few bullets:

  • There will probably be less book reviews. Ugh. I know. This one is the worst, so I figured I should get it out of the way up front. This is not at all because I want to cut back on reading. I don't! I want to increase! I am, however, starting grad school on January 13. Between that, my full time office job, my part-time adjunct professor job, my new part-time tutoring job, and my general desire to have a life and be a good wife, I am anticipating some cut backs in the quantity of books read. 
  • That being said, I want to work even hard to increase the quality of books read. I will be continuing with the 100 Best Novels challenge. You can hopefully still expect about two of those books per month. On top of that, I want to use the limited reading time I have to really focus on great work. I am going to be doing my best to avoid duds this year. I know they are unavoidable to a certain extent, but I'll do my best!
  • Movie Monday will continue. These bimonthly posts have been fun. I hope you are enjoying them, too. If you have any requests, let me know.
  • I really hope to have more reader involvement. I know I have some great readers out there and I want to hear from you more! I hope to have more giveaways and opportunities for interaction. Most of all, I want to hear from you about what you want to see at Read.Write.Repeat.
  • Speaking of readers, I want to increase readership. I have a few ideas about how to do this, but my general goal is to double readership in the next year. I think it's a totally possible goal, if I work at it. All I need is one viral post, right? Haha.
  • There will definitely be more book tours. In fact, you can expect the first one of the year on Monday. I've found this is such a great way to get exposure to new authors. 
  • I would like to organize some sort of group reading program. I want us all to either read through something together or do like a summer reading program together. What do you think? What kind of program would you participate in? 
  • Everything will continue to be about books! You will never have to worry about this turning into a personal blog. Kevin and I have a separate blog for that (one I'm horrible at updating). Read.Write.Repeat. will always, always be a blog for readers. I promise.
What do you want to see here in the next year? I'm eager to hear your opinions and ideas. Let's make 2014 the best year yet!



4 comments:

  1. Interesting. Well, i'm going to start Orwell's 1984 tomorrow. I don't know if you've read or reviewed it, but I'd probably be curious to hear yoyr views in due course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still on the waiting list. I bet I'll read it this year!

      Delete
  2. I would love to be in a reading group! I think a group on goodreads is an easy way to start, with scheduling to have a google hangout or some sort of actual discussion time would be so cool! Loving all of the updates by the way, congrats on grad school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Goodreads group is a great idea! I'm starting to formulate some ideas, so I'll have to get some more input from you :) Glad you're enjoying reading!

      On a completely unrelated note, we totally need to catch up. We really missed seeing you guys at Christmas. Skype date?

      Delete