Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Hold Me Like a Breath - Tiffany Schmidt

Hold Me Like A Breath
Title: Hold Me Like a Breath
Author: Tiffany Schmidt
Publication Date: 5/19/15
Pages: 390
Genre: Thriller / Fiction
How I Found It: I can't remember
Date Completed: 8/20/17

Summary: Penelope suffers from a disease which causes her to bruise easily. Thus, her family shelters her from the outside world. They cannot, however, shelter her completely from their own illegal business of black market organ transplants.

What I Thought: This is a really unique idea. Schmidt takes the loose plot of The Princess and the Pea and shapes it into something totally new. Putting a fairy tale into a modern world of crime and intrigue makes for an interesting ride.

My verdict? It was interesting enough. I liked guessing what was going to happen. Some of the book was fairly predictable while other parts definitely caught me off guard. I think Schmidt's premise here is good and interesting. I didn't love her writing and probably won't read the next book in the series, but as a one-off read, I liked it well enough. 

Rating: ★★★☆☆
Will I Re-Read: Probably not
If You Liked This, Try: The Woodcutter / Cinder / Gorgeous

A Reduced Review: A unique take on a classic fairy tale, though I did not find the execution of the idea to be anything extraordinary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment