Monday, December 1, 2014

November 2014 Chapter

Welcome to the Read.Write.Repeat. monthly wrap-up.  Every month, I give a quick overview of what books I read, the progress made on the 100 Best Novels goal, a few book-related links, and general blog news.  


November News

It's officially the holiday season. I love this time of year. Thanksgiving, the greatest holiday ever, has just passed and Christmas is in full swing. I hope this year holds much cheer for you.

After a 7-hour trip surpassed 9 yesterday, we sure are glad to be home and getting into Christmas mode. Before we plunge straight in, though, here's a recap of November-ish things. 


Books Reviewed

  1. Eating - Jason Epstein
  2. Gorgeous - Paul Rudnick
  3. The Hours - Michael Cunningham
  4. Dealing with Dragons - Patricia C. Wrede
  5. The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt

Books Read

  1. The Hours - Michael Cunningham - 11/2
  2. Dealing with Dragons - Patricia C. Wrede - 11/7
  3. The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt - 11/12
  4. Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson - 11/13
  5. The Uncommon Reader - Alan Bennett - 11/14
  6. Z - Therese Anne Fowler - 11/15
  7. Feed - M. T. Anderson - 11/16
  8. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher - 11/19
  9. The Astronaut Wives Club - Lily Koppel - 11/21
  10. My Story - Elizabeth Smart - 11/27
  11. Rainbow Valley - L. M. Montgomery - 11/28
  12. The Bridge of San Luis Rey - Thornton Wilder - 11/29
Pages Read: 3,545

Favorite Book Read: Way too many to choose from this month, but, I have to go with The Hours.

100 Best Novels Progress

  • 1 completed this month (The Bridge of San Luis Rey)
  • 34% complete


Articles


We saw Mockingjay this past weekend (look for a Movie Monday review next week!) and I loved it. There have been a lot of great articles floating around, too, including one of flipped gender roles.

Speaking of movies, BuzzFeed listed what they think are the 10 Best Book-to-Movie Adaptations of 2014. Thoughts?

20 Debut Writers you should be reading.

We're completely addicted to Serial. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you are missing out. I know this isn't necessarily book-related, but it's about story-telling and what defines an ending, so I wanted to include it.

In case you're looking for a book to change your life...

...or a literary tattoo.

How good are you at identifying classic cover art?

9 Books to Read if You Loved Friends

6 Books to Read While You Wait for Your Favorite Shows to Return

And one more to warm your heart: Kids talking about why they love books
~     ~     ~

I read a ton over Thanksgiving, so I cannot wait to share all those books with you this month! I'll also be doing some general wrap-up-the-year kind of posts. I'm excited to finish out 2014 and start on 2015, which promises to hold a lot of exciting milestones. In the mean time, I'm going to be soaking up as much of the holiday season as I can. Christmas movie must-see lists are being formed and candy recipes are floating around in my head. What a great time of year!

Do you have any favorite books to read during the Christmas season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment