Monday, September 30, 2013

September Chapter

Welcome to the Read.Write.Repeat. monthly wrap-up.  Every month, I give a quick overview of what books I read, the progress made on the 100 Best Novels goal, a few book-related links, and general blog news.  


September News

I kicked off September with my first review for a book tour.  I had a great experience partnering with TLC Tours.  I really enjoyed Visiting Tom by Michael Perry.  I am excited about future book tours.  You can look forward to my first partnership with Novel Publicity later this week.  I also have two more TLC Tours lined up for later this fall.  I'm excited about each one! You can always count on my honest opinion.  That's a promise.

Books Read

  1. Visiting Tom  - Michael Perry - 9/1
  2. Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut - 9/1
  3. The Dinner - Herman Koch - 9/7
  4. Someday, Someday, Maybe - Lauren Graham - 9/8
  5. Ulysses - James Joyce - 9/21
  6. The Angry Woman Suite - Lee Fullbright - 9/26
Pages Read: 2,427

Favorite Book Read: My favorite book this month was easily Visiting Tom.  My first book tour experience turned out to be a great one.


100 Best Novels Progress

Articles

A little humor to start us off: this Huffington Post article highlights Dan Wilbur's blog where he renames popular books.  The article sticks with children's books, which are cleaner and more familiar than some things on his blog.  I think my favorite is his reinterpretation of Dr. Seuss's Oh, The Places You'll Go.

Buzzfeed examines what happens when you're really into a book. Every single one of these has happened to me.  Every one.

Anyone even relatively interested in writing a book has thought about the dedication.  Here are some of the best ever book dedications.  I loved Gillian Flynn's Dark Places dedication when I read it in the book and still love it now.  Also, #25 is hilarious.

Finally, a list of books that will change your life, at least according to Buzzfeed.  I haven't read them all, so I can't vouch for their life-changing abilities.  I can say that #19 gave me a wonderful new perspective about appreciating detail in our lives. I have loved #22 since high school.  #20 is making waves all over the place right now, including an upcoming film adaptation.  And #32...well, you should read it immediately.  At least watch the movie, which is also beautiful and heart-wrenching.
~     ~     ~

That sums up September. I hope you are taking advantage of the beautiful fall weather to curl up with a book and a pumpkin spice latte.  I am really looking forward to sharing the books I am reading right now, so October looks promising.  I also will be debuting a new type of post planned for the second and fourth Monday of each month, so get excited about that.  Subscribe now so you don't miss anything!

What did you read this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment