Friday, January 6, 2012

Prolouge

I'm not the type of person who starts something without preparation or forethought.  I like lists and records and evaluations.  Such it is with this blog.  Last year I read just under 40 books.  That was awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, but having a simple list of those books didn't seem like enough.  So, while I'll post that list here, I want to go a step further with the books I read in 2012 and beyond.  If nothing else, this is an exercise in digging deeper into the literature that I'm consuming.  I miss the days of high school AP Literature and AP Language where we were forced to venture into analysis.  I love to learn and I want to continually push myself to the next level in everything I do.  Therefore, I will be posting a review of each book I read this year.  It will help me keep track not only of what I have read, but what I thought about the books and how worth my time they were. I may even do a few posts about books I read last year.  I read a very wide variety of books, so there should be something for everyone...if anyone besides Kevin actually reads this.

So, here's to the journey, whatever it holds.

"You cannot open a book without learning something." - Confucius. 

No comments:

Post a Comment