Friday, December 20, 2013

10 Gifts for Book Lovers


It's the most wonderful time of the year! Also known as the time of year to stress out trying to find the perfect gift for each person on your list. Thankfully, the good ol' Internet helps an awful lot these days when you are trying to find just the right thing. 

I have no doubt you have seen countless lists out there lately for all sorts of people. Outdoorsmen, dads, tech-lovers, pet-lovers, cooks, girlfriends...the list goes on.  These are always fun to peruse, especially when you are trying to avoid buying everyone on your list sweaters (a crime Kevin and I nearly achieve most years). Unique gifts are fun, for the giver and the recipient. They are often high risk, but they can be very high reward as well.  

In the spirit of the season, I though I would provide ten gift ideas for the book lover in your life. I've included links to a few lists from other websites, but also some of my own ideas. If you have not finished your shopping yet, you still have a (very) few days! Finish up now, or put some last minute items on your own wish list!

Have a fun-filled, festive weekend, no matter what you are celebrating!

1. I thought these Albatros bookmarks were super cool until I realized they are only meant to be used in one book each...ever. Bookmarks are meant to be used over and over and over as you move from book to book! I can't confine one bookmark to one book for eternity. Still, they are perfect for reading in bed. You know, those moments when you are too sleepy to even move your bookmark... That's not just me, right?

2. This book clock would somehow find a place on our crowded bookshelf. I guarantee it.

3. Basically everything at Out of Print should be considered. I mean everything. This whole website features products based on classic literature. For instance, check out this To Kill A Mockingbird inspired necklace:

4. What Out of Print is most known for, though, is their apparel.  They have tons of it and it's all beautiful. It's worth a look even if you aren't interested in buying. If you are interested in buying, consider throwing this Madeline sweatshirt in your card for me.

5. You definitely won't be able to resist their collection of classic children's books. I will definitely be revisiting them when the time comes to stock my own children's library - or the next time I'm headed to a baby shower.


6. Another website I love is Uncommon Goods. I have purchased several presents for Kevin from here, including our scratch map. They can be a bit pricey, but they live up to their name. This conceal shelf would be easy enough to DIY if you didn't want to buy it.

7. They have a small selection of iPhone and iPad cases based on classic novels. You can find similar products at a variety of websites.

8. If you have a quirky, literary decor going on, you may want to check out these author-inspired pillows.

9. If those aren't your style, try the more modern, simplistic novel posters. I think these are gorgeous and would be happy to hang any of them in our home.

10. Finally, if you (or someone you know) are anything like I am, you have quite the stack of books by your bed. Somehow it only grows, never shrinks. I'm dying to get matching reader's nighstands for Kevin and I. Functional plus simple, modern design equals one very happy Alise.

If nothing here fit the bill, check out the Buzzfeed list for Writers & Bibliophiles, the Buzzfeed list for Bookworms, or yet another list from HuffPo Books. (Full disclosure: a few of the above items were pulled from these lists. I just liked them so much I had to share them here, too.)

Of course, if nothing here seems quite right, keep it traditional and just get the book lover in your life books! They certainly won't complain about that! If you are struggling to know what book to get in particular, feel free to comment or shoot me a message. I'd be happy to help you find the perfect book for that special person in your life!

Merry Christmas! Have you finished your shopping?



No comments:

Post a Comment